Saturday, March 27, 2010

A little slouch and some Oz....

Thanks to Auburn Chick, I have finally been able to produce a slouch hat that Carly truly likes! This is my third attempt, and I had given up hope of ever finding a patter that I could do... AND that Carly would like.... Auburn Chick, you've made my life MUCH better!

Fits her nicely... and she shows great approval!!! Yippee!!

Now for some Oz..... My second granddaughter, Emma Rose, is having her 3rd Birthday Party tomorrow... and she LOVES The Wizard of Oz... the girl can literally quote the movie... AND... she knows the order in which things happen... so an Oz party is in the making.... and I get to make the cake!


First things first... makeing the yellow brick road.... and with Glinda being a favorite, I opted to use her on the top... and the little flowers... yes... they are for the Munchkins....


And on top... "Are you a good Witch or a bad Witch?".... Seriously, if you ask Emma that she will say, "I'm Dorothy Gale from Kansas".... now how cute is that?! Happy Birthday Emma Rose!



Photobucket

6 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

OK friend... my socks have been knocked off!!!

First - the hat is awesome! I know you finally have to be breathing a sigh of relief! What size needles did you use? you'll have to send me the details.. I'm in love!

Second - WWWOOOOOWWWWWW!!! The cake is INCREDIBLE! That Glenda figure looks PERFECT... & you did another amazing job! you'll have to tell me how you figured out the yellow brick road too... your flowrs were a success - is that your first gum paste? You are just getting toooo good lady!

Terry said...

My friend you are so talented! You will have no problem homeschooling! I can't tell you're artsy :)

Joe Rollins said...

Lynn, I think YOU are a good witch with talent like that!!!

erica said...

A-MA-ZING!! Love that cake!!

Christy said...

WOW! That's all I got. That's just WOW!

Anonymous said...

Awww...I am SO glad the pattern worked for you!! The hat looks terrific!!!!! GREAT job!!!

BTW, the cake is LOVELY!!!! Yummy looking too!