Tuesday, August 12, 2008

First Day of School

Today, it finally happened... School Started! While this is an exciting day - Carly is a Junior and Michael started Kindergarten - it is a sad day... I am home alone! While that does have its upside... uninterrupted knitting - followed by blogging - followed by more knitting (just kidding Mickey - I WILL do the dishes!!!!) it also has its downside - how will I ever keep up with what is happening on Sesame Street! Here are a few pictures...

Isn't it just amazing how quickly kids can grow? It seems like yesterday that Carly was off to her first day of kindergarten... and there were pictures of she and Rachel over the years heading off for their first day! Now Carly and Michael... time sure does fly! And Carly... well... she drove herself to school today... another first in our household!
God has certainly blessed us, and we are just so thankful for all that He has done! We know that he will watch over these two as they begin the school year, and that He will stand right beside them along this journey. I was reminded of this verse this morning... familiar to many, but so true... there is a time for everything! Even going to school!!!!
1 There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:

2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,

3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,

4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,

5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,

6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,

7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,

8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.
Ecc. 3: 1-8


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute!!

Rebecca Jo said...

They look too happy to be going to school!!!

Before you know it - you'll be taking pictures of Michael on his first day of driving to school!!! (Did that just depress you a little? Sorry!)

Mickey said...

I'm so glad I got to be there to see them off on their first day. Thanks Lord for the awesome blessing of these children.

Poethead said...

I don't know you, except for seeing your socks on the Sock of the Month KAL, but yesterday just about killed me! My only grandchild of my only child started kindergarten too. I cried all day. I hope all goes well for you and your wee one.

Anonymous said...

I look Like a Giant!! isnt it great!

Rachel V. said...

Do you see what time you are making these poor kids get up and get dressed? Haha... I like clocks in pictures. (wierdo, I know)