Friday, July 13, 2007

Jesus weeps with you

I generally read my devotional at night before I go to bed...last night as I read, today's heading caught my eye. I didn't read it then (that would be like cheating!) but I did pick it up this morning. Written by Anne Graham Lotz, it read in part like this:
When was the last time you wept into your pillow at night, thinking no one cared? Is the pain so deep and your hurt so great that you cry night after night? In your misery and loneliness, do you think Jesus is emotionally detached? That he just doesn't care? That he is simply too busy to notice? Or that he he somewhat callous since He sees a lot of pain that's worse than yours? Or that He couldn't possibly understand how you fee? Or that He's not concerned enough to meet your needs?

Wow... how many of the those thoughts have crossed your mind during a time of struggle. Especially when you feel that you are alone... Yet Lotz contends that Jesus does care...and not only does he care, but he weeps WITH us. She referenced Psalm 56:8, and I think the version in The Message is great..... You've kept track of my every toss and turn through the sleepless nights, Each tear entered in your ledger, each ache written in your book.

Speaks volumes doesn't it... my every toss and turn... and sometimes they are many. He knows my fears, he feels my lonliness, he keeps track of my tears. I find great comfort in knowing that I go through nothing alone, Jesus is always right by my side, sharing in not only my joys, but my pain and sorrow as well. All because he loves me......

1 comment:

Rebecca Jo said...

Whew - I'd be afraid of how thick my ledger is or how many jars of tears the Lord has captured of mine! But how cool to know He's right beside you the whole time - comforting!