Saturday, February 6, 2010

The Birds...

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Matthew 25 - 27

We woke up to around 4 inches of snow this moring... and I must say even though I really HATE snow, it was definitely beautiful! Now, the birds were all flitting around the feaders, which they had nearly emptied yesterday in anticipation of the snow. So, out went Mickey to clean and fill the feeders. The birds are now completely satisified and and hanging around outside both our front and back windows.

The birds were taken care of... they had NO worries... they just came to the feeder and they were fed... and how I wish I could be like one of those birds. If I could just give up on all the worrying that I do... and know that I can go to the Creator and be fed... that He will take care of all of my needs... and that he will do so in such a fashion that I will have NO worries.

Today, I think I've learned alot from the birds of the air.... and I'm thankful for God's reminder!

Photobucket

No comments: