Monday, January 18, 2010

I've Been Tagged

My best sister friend Rebecca, over at Knit By God's Hand has asked me join her in a little fun.... looking back over 2009 and picking my 5 top memories.... hard to do, but here goes!

My family got together, and long with a few of my friends, were able to surprise me with a 50th birthday party! And it was actually a surprise... which NEVER happens, so it was very cool. A great way to spend a day.

Over Spring Break we took Carly and Michael and headed to Washington DC. I've always wanted to go there, and we had talked about it a few other times, but this time, we made it. It was a great trip, and we got to see so many things that I never thought I would see.

I also headed back to school in 2009... yes... at the age of 50! Who would have ever thought that was possible?! Not me, for sure. But I have a wonderfully supportive husband who is cheering me along every step of the way. Not to mention my kids and my friends.... it isn't the easiest thing I've ever done, but I am enjoying it, and I know in the end it will pay off!



How about the birth of this precious little one.... Emily Jean Rollins!!!! There aren't many children on the face of this earth that were waited for like this little one! She is having a pretty rough time right now dealing with Infantile Spasams but she is such a beautiful little girl and I count her as an additional grandbaby! Her "birth" day really was a wonderful happening for us in 2009!


Rebecca, Carly and I walked in the Arthritis Foundation's Walk for a Cure in Louisville. While I have Arthritis, we walked for my granddaughter Emma, whos has been diagnoised with JRA. She is currently in remission on medication. The day was beautiful, and who would have thought that I could walk 3 miles in a short amount of time. Loved hanging would with all of the family and friends who came to support Emma.
Now, I can guarantee that I could add more to this... but the Tag was for five .... so five it is.
Think that I'll tag....
Have fun and if you are reading and just want to join the fun, leave me a comment so I can check out your top five!!!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

Fun!!! look how small the kiddos are at your birthday party.. how fast they grow in a year!

erica said...

she was well worth the wait:) it was a great year for sure!!

Christy said...

That is such a precious picture of Emily! I'll have to think about my top 5...