Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy 2010 and a few leftovers from 2009

As 2009 has drawn to a close, just wanted to share a few pictures from the past week....

Michael was really in to Christmas this year.... he sat for weeks eyeing the Walmart Circular, asking for the Buzz Lightyear that he saw there.... guess the picture below says it all....
And Carly was pretty excited about the "family" gift... an Xbox 360 Elite... complete with Guitar Hero World Tour.... and our good friend Ricky was kind enough to allow her to borrow a couple of other Guitar Hero games as well... it has been a fun gift for the entire family!

Christmas Evening we had all the kids and grands here at the house... we did a "Happy Birthday Jesus Cake"..... decorated by the kids, of course....

The singing was great, and each of the kids had a candle to blow out for Jesus....

Then they sat and listened as Pappy read the story of Jesus' birth....

.... even Buzz Lightyear got in on story time....


After a full day of Christmas fun.... it didn't take long to get everyone situated for bedtime....



The week following Christmas, Mickey was off on vacation... probably not much of a vacation for him though. We had a "re-do" for a couple of our rooms. Carly moved downstairs, and we painted that room and moved all of her stuff down there on Monday and Tuesday of this week.... then we took her old room upstairs and made it into a knitting room for me.... and I LOVE it.... the whole room was centered on the border below.... see the nice little sheep on the border???? Yep... purchased because you KNIT the wool.....

I must say, the room turned out wonderful... and I know that during the week I will spend a great deal of time there as I study and knit... it is just plain cozy!!!!

And we have kept a bed in there so that we have a spare.... and we've moved the computer and printer up there as well....

I must say I am just thrilled with this room. I have a few little extras I still need to get... but that will come. I feel so blessed to have a husband who would spend his vacation days doing this for me.... he is pretty special!
As for 2010.... I welcome a new year.... I don't do resolutions... haven't for years! I just want to continue to try and live me life as the Father would have me do. There is no greater way to begin a new year than by being resolved to let Jesus' love shine through you. I know I will stumble... and I might even fall... but I also know that my Savior will be there to catch me... and pull me back up when needed. I am thankful... I am humbled by His love... and I am truly blessed.
Happy New Year....
Lynn

1 comment:

Rebecca Jo said...

I totally love the picture of all the kids listening to Pappy reading Jesus' birth story! And especially love there is a FAIRY listening... how cute is Kailyn in her wings!

And I just assumed that bed was for me to stay in in your knitting room.. haha!!! Tell Mickey that, he'll get a big laugh for that! You are totally going to be LIVING in that room... its INCREDIBLE!