Friday, October 23, 2009

God of the BIG and the small!

Today I had to make an EARLY trip to the outpatient ER for a visit with a plastic surgeon. Now, just so you know, I didn't get any type of cosmetic surgery, so don't expect a huge change when you see me next.

A couple of weeks ago I had to have a basal cell carcinoma removed from near my nose. This nasty little bugger came up over six months ago and looked like a small bump. It never changed and so I didn't worry. The one day it just began to ooze blood for no reason. So I called the dermatologist, and two weeks later out it came. Just about the time it began to heal well they called and said that it was a BCC and that they did not get it all. I would need to see a plastic surgeon, and an appoint was made.

The doctor I went to set up an appointment for removal of more tissue, and today was the day. Of course, as is my luck, it was raining cats and dogs this morning. A few things I don't like... driving in the rain, driving in the dark, and driving downtown. Today brought me in line for all three of those events.

As I was nearing the interstate, I got a text from my dear friend Rebecca, telling me goodluck and to be careful. She knows how bad I hate driving like this. So as I prepared to enter I-65 the traffic was crazy and I utter a small prayer, "God, just clear me a spot." Now you may be laughing, but that is exactly what God did!. The traffic between exit 7 and Eastern Blvd. was clear all around me. I was so relieved and so excited to see that God hears even the smallest of prayers.

My procedure went fine... I won't know if they got it all until my appt. next week to take out the stitches. And... the doctor said I will probably have a black eye by morning... but I am good with that. It is just a comfort to know that our God is willing to look after even the smallest details of our day!!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Rebecca Jo said...

God is so cool like that!!! As soon as I got in my car & pulled out the drive way, I thought, Oh no!!! My friend is going to be panicing!!! Glad God was your co-pilot!!! :) hehe!