Monday, July 27, 2009

Our Weekend in Pictures

Mickey has always wanted a hardwood floor... when we built he wanted it, but didn't want to spend the money on it at the time. So this weekend, we put a hardwood floor in our livingroom... all by ourselves!!!


Wednesday, I spent the day unpacking 15 boxes of wood planks....


On Thursday, Mickey tore up the carpet while I pulled up the staples holding down the padding. The floor was then vacuumed and preped for the wood!

Friday morning, we began the day at 8:30 by laying felt paper on the floor...

And then I laid out the first row of wood for Mickey to nail in... no fancy nailer here... had to drill holes and hand nail the first row!


Around 12:30 we took a 30 minute break for a sandwich. I think we managed to get pretty far by that time. Using the "fancy nail gun" made the work go much faster!

We were pretty excited when we got to the final row of the living room... this mean that we only had the area in front of the stairs and the hallway to complete... and while it didn't seem like much, it was harder to lay... there were doors to go around there, as well as the carpeting at the top of the stiars!
(For supper... we ordered Domino's... LOVE the fact that they deliver here!)


The completed living room...


Michael had the entire downstairs at his disposal... complete with TV... but he decided that he would rather watch a video while reclining on our bed! His own personal little nest!

I think that the finished product turned out amazing... and on Sunday we brought up the new couch and loveseat we had in the garage.... our re-do was complete!



But I have to admit... it was a long weekend... (we had a VBS day thrown in the middle of this!) and I am still tired!!! And last night... just before we went to bed... Mickey said... "I'd really like to do hardwood in the bedroom as well!" With a big smile on my face I said... "Sure... but not for AT LEAST two or three years!!!"


Photobucket

6 comments:

Anita said...

LOVE the new floor, Lynn!! I've always wondered how easy it might be to do....now I can show my hubby if we ever decide to tackle that project!

Joe Rollins said...

Looks great!

Aren't you glad you went with the real stuff? ;)

Rebecca Jo said...

I think I'd like to be with Michael - on the bed, kicked back, watching movies!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I see you got the chair in your bedroom...looks like a nice place to curl up and read.

Mickey said...

I'll second the year of two until we tackle the bedroom. My knees are still killing me.

Thanks for all your help, lovely assistant...

Anita said...

Lynn....just a note to say the little guy has the same SN!!! Hint, Hint!! :)