Friday, June 12, 2009

Out of the Habit

Of late, I have gotten out of the habit of writing for God. When I first began this blog I used it as a way to reach out to people for Christ (hence the name of the blog - Neal At the Cross!) It was easier then... I had written articles monthly for a Christian Newspaper that I owned, so that style of writing came naturally. But I have to admit... it hasn't seemed to roll for me lately.



I have come to realize that a huge part of that is because I really miss the paper. I miss spending my days finding out little ways that God has blessed others. I miss spending time asking God what he would have me write about, and then being directed to the very article that He would have me write. In short, I think that I am MISSING spending time with God. And that is no body's fault but my own!!! You see... even if I no longer have the paper, God is still blessing people all around me, and he is still giving me plenty of material to write about, I have just stopped looking for it!



So, while this blog doesn't have the circulation that the paper had, I can still use it to bless those who do visit, and I think that it is high time that I got back to the basics of why I began this blog to begin with!



Now, that doesn't mean that I'll stop posting pictures of my family and our adventures, because my family is the GREATEST GIFT that God has given me... it just means that I am going to start looking for God's direction as I write... because this is also a gift that He has given me, and I am choosing to use it to bring Him all the glory!!!!!

No comments: