Sunday, March 8, 2009

A weekend "Away"

Mickey and I celebrated our 10th Anniversary on Friday, so we decided to take a little time away. Actually, we opted to stay at home and send the kids away! Carly and Michael headed to their sisters, and Rachel and family entertained them over the weekend.



On Friday, following a few medical tests for me (information on that later...) Mickey and I did a little shopping... first we headed to the Verizon store, where I got an upgrade and we added another line for Carly. I handed over my old phone to her today, and she was very excited. Me... I will feel more comfortable now when she is driving around! Then Mickey and I headed to check out some new furniture... we are looking for a new couch and a love seat for the living room, but for now, we are just looking. Then we had a nice meal at the Olive Garden... gotta love their salad!



On Saturday we went for a late breakfast and then drove over to the Home and Garden Show in Louisville. Oh... the ideas we came away with! There are so many wonderful ideas for outside... and I would love to do them all... but alas... they cost money, so I guess for now I will just dream. We saw some beautiful swings... small out buildings (now that, we WILL do in the spring), some awesome stone patios with rock gardens... LOVE to look at those! After a bit of walking there, we went to Southeast Christian for the 5:00 service. Always an awesome service there! We finished our evening with a meal at W.W. Cousins... they have great hamburgers there, and I love the fact that they have a topping bar!



This morning, we decided to sleep in and then we headed to GCC for second service. We had taken the day off from teaching our elementary class during first service. Our good friend, Joe, was giving today's message. He did a wonderful job. And when we arrived, Michael and Carly were waiting for us at the door. Michael had missed us, (and I think that Carly had as well!!) and it was great to see them. (Right now, Michael is climbing all over Mickey... he truly missed his Dad time!)



It was great to get some one on one quiet time with Mickey... we don't get much of that these days. Always good to recharge the batteries in a marriage... and honestly, people just don't do this enough. I know that for Mickey and I, as parents, we find it hard to remember that our priorities should be listed: God, Spouse, Kids, etc... we too often find ourselves placing the kids ahead of one another... and it was great to be able to take a step back and remember the order which God intended. So if you get the opportunity to get a little time "away", make sure that you make the most of it.



A big thanks to Rachel and Robert for providing a "resting place" for the kids... and to Carly for making sure her little brother was comfortable! Now... if you can get our your calendars.. we would love to reserve a date sometime in September!!!!

4 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

I heard Michael was missing his mommy & daddy something fierce!!!

And Carly was sooo excited for her phone! I think everyone in youth was pulling out their phones programming numbers... how did we live without them :-)

So glad to see you two there this morning! I tried to be good by not calling or emailing you myself for the weekend... your friend missed you too!!! :-)

Rachel V. said...

On Saturday Michael looked at Robert's arm and said "It's hairy just like my daddy's." LOL.

Joe Rollins said...

I'm so glad you guys had time to recharge.

Thanks so much for the support yesterday too! It is so great to have friends like you two!

Anita said...

Happy 10th Anniversary!!! Awesome to hear you were able to celebrate it with some "alone" time! :)