Saturday, November 22, 2008

Let the Feast Begin!

Tomorrow begins the first of our Thanksgiving Celebrations. Our church will have it's dinner following second service. This pitch-in style meal will feature all the fixin's... Turkey, Dressing, Mashed Potatoes, Corn, Green Beans, Sweet Potatoes, Rolls and Desserts... ahhh.... can't you just see it?!

Thursday we will gather with my family and then Saturday we will gather with Mickey's! The meals will be much the same as the one at church... all the good stuff set out to enjoy... and fellowship to fill the day. I look forward to this week all year long. It sets the stage for a month of Christmas anticipation. Lights go up... the tree goes up... shopping gets finished... presents get wrapped. So much to do so little time!!!

As I thought about all of this today, I realized that we have a banquet being prepared for us in Heaven... even as I write this... the table is being prepared! And as awesome as our meals are on Thanksgiving day, they will pale in comparison to what the Father has in store for us. So my question is, if I am anticipating this earthly feast because it ushers in the celebration of the birth of Christ... am I also eagerly anticipating this Heavenly banquet that is being prepared? After call, this banquet will be in celebration of the RETURN of Christ!!!!

No comments: