Monday, February 4, 2008

A Day in Greensburg

This weekend we were happy to have Kailyn spend time with us. She arrived on Friday and I brought her home today (Monday). It was really great to have her with us, but I honestly believe that by last night she had started to miss her Mommy and Daddy.

So, this morning Michael, Kailyn and I loaded up in the CRV and headed out for Greensburg. This was the first time that I had taken this trip "by myself". I made sure to check, and double check, my directions. I was sure that I had it well in hand, but I confess, I had to call home to make sure I was still doing all right.

You see, I began to "second guess" my directions. (And if you know me at all, you know that I HATE to drive out of my comfort zone. I RARELY cross the bridge into Louisville, feeling like a fish out of water when I do!) So at one point, I called Mickey and made sure that I was on the right track. The last thing I wanted was to get lost with Michael and Kailyn in tow. He assured me that I was still on track, that I was doing fine. I felt much better hearing that, and we continued on.

I have to admit that when we hit the home stretch I was pretty proud of myself. Even with my hesitation, I had made it all the way to the goal. We arrived on time, and now I am sitting here with Michael, Kailyn and Camden as they play together.

So, have you ever started to second guess yourself where your walk with Christ is concerned? I know that I have... I have wondered if I am heading in the right direction... If the path I am on is the right one... If I can accomplish what He has set before me.... If... If... If...

The past few weeks in church we have been talking about "the fear of the Lord"... and I am learning that I can go to His word... His "email to me" (and Chad, I loved that analogy!) and if I check it daily, he will tell me just what I need to know...and he will make sure that I am on the right track... no second guessing required. And the "fear" that Chad's been talking about... it is a healthy fear... not one that leaves you shaking with fright, but one that leaves you shaking with AWE!!!!

So as your find yourself traveling through life and you start to feel like you don't know the way... make a call to God... visit his word... and find out where the turns are that you should take. I guarantee that you'll soon find yourself in sight of the goal!!!!

1 comment:

Rebecca Jo said...

Ricky & I LOVED that analogy of the email as well - that really hit home to a point that you can grasp & relate to so well!

And our walks with Christ are probably just like your drive - it was probably curvy, unfamiliar at times, the feeling of "Am I in the right place" - but that end result of getting where you want - it had to be relief! And you know what - even if you did get lost, you had the opportunity & ways to get BACK ON TRACK - that's the thing about Grace that I love!