Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Kneeling at the foot of the cross

Carly thought Neal at the Cross was a great name for this blog...and the more I think about it, the more I like it. Just think about it, what should we strive to do every day? Kneel at the foot of the cross, and that isn't a bad way to spend the day, at the feet of Jesus!

Today is a day of finishing up the paper for the printer, and trying to get all of my ducks in a row. Unfortunately, many of my ducks have minds of their own, so I always give myself two or three days extra on my "deadline". I would love it if you would visit our website for the paper. The link is at the right. The Good News Monthly is still in the baby stages, but we are doing all that we can to let God lead us, and we are seeing souls saved. That is all that really matters!

Hope you enjoy the verse of the week...I love to find little jewels in the Word. It is like getting a prize in a box of Cracker Jack's (okay, like the prizes used to be way back when!) You never know what you'll find until you open the box!

I am excited about our new pastor's first day in the pulpit. Chad Doerr is coming to Greenville Christian Church beginning June 24th, and I have a feeling that he will be great at digging through the gold mine that is the Bible and finding little nuggets that will keep us all growing in Christ!

Have a great day in the Lord....

1 comment:

Rebecca Jo said...

I absolutely LOVE your name of your blog! Both you and Chad have cleverly played off your names. "Vincent" just doesnt have the umph for me. Oh well - what are you going to do!

I'm anxious to see what you come up with on your blog! Have a great day Blog Buddy!