Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Love Food and Live Well - a Review


When I asked to review the book Love food & Live Well, I wasn't sure what I would find. How can one LOVE food and still LIVE well at the same time? Let's face it, isn't it loving food that gets most of us into trouble? Isn't that why we gravitate towards books on the subject of food and dieting?

What I found as I read this book is that it isn't necessarily the LOVE of food that is the issue. It is our dissatisfaction with ourselves that causes us problems. When we begin to hide behind the food... that is when the trouble begins! You are unhappy with out you look... so you eat to dull the pain. You are unhappy in your work/home/family (you fill in the blank!) you find solace in food. And the issue with that? That is NOT what God created food to be! It was NOT given to us as a replacement for what we think we need/must have. It WAS given to us to do a very simple task - nourish our body - period!!

In her book Love Food & Live Well, Chantel Hobbs purposes a simple 80 / 20 rule. 80 % of the time you should eat food that will deliver the maximum fuel your body needs. The other 20% of the time you can splurge on the foods that you love! She is quick to add that this rule alone will NOT work for you, you MUST incorporate exercise into your life as well.

I found this book to be very insightful, and I found her continual reference to scripture, and to God's plan for our lives, to be very encouraging.

Have a Blessed Day!
Lynn

I was given this book, by WalteBrook Multnomah in exchange for this review

Have a Blessed Day!
Lynn

1 comment:

Chandra said...

It sounds like an interesting book. I like her philosophy as well!!