Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Countdown Begins

Well... we are now down to 8 school days until Carly is finished with High School! That's right ... 8 DAYS!!!! She will have her graduation rehearsal next Friday, May 28th, followed by a Senior Picnic. She does not have to go back on the 1st and 2nd as she has enough days left that she can miss. So on the 1st, we will head out for a day of shopping... getting her sandals to go with her cute graduation dress... getting the remainder of the food for her open house.... I can't believe that we are THIS close!!!!

I've started to pull out some of her pictures to create a display for her open house... she was such a little cutie pie... all blonde and curly haired.... And now... she has become such a beautiful young lady... and young woman that I am very proud to call daughter....

And on June 2nd, Michael will graduate from Kindergarten... and we will begin a new adventure as we prepare to homeschool him next year. I have realized that while I have always had a desire to be a teacher, and that God has definitely led me to that... he has also given me a son to teach. While in a service one Sunday, as I was struggling with what to do about Michael and his developmental delays, I silently cried out to God asking him what I can do, and this still, small, voice said to me... "I've given you one to teach at home..." Okay... point taken... so next year Michael and I will begin 1st grade at home. I am thrilled to be able to do this for Michael... and excited that God has given me such clear direction.


My little boy isn't so little anymore... he is growing by leaps and bounds, and I don't want to miss a single moment of it.... but I am so thankful that he has had such a wonderful teacher in Mrs. Sanders this year... she has taken all of his needs to heart, and has made his year so much fun!

The next 2 1/2 weeks will be busy ones... but the doors that are opening are huge... and I can't wait to see what waits on the other side!!!

Photobucket

No comments: