Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Ringing in a New Year....

One of my fondest memories of New Year's Eve was watching Holiday Inn... a musical where an entertainer (Bing Crosby) opts to leave show biz and his partner (Fred Astaire) and live the simple life, which nearly drives him crazy. He then decides to taken this old home he has bought and turn it into an Inn, which will only be open 13 times a year for the Holidays. He hires a young singer/dancer (Marjorie Reynolds) to be his partner in the shows, and opens just in time for the New Year. Over the course of the year they host shows at the Inn and he proceeds to fall in love with her (as does his old partner Fred!). They come back around to the New Year once again, and after tons of singing and dancing, Bing wins the girl in the end. My mom and I watched this show every year, and I enjoy it so much I actually own the movie and have continued that tradition. Today, Carly, Michael and I will sit and watch this movie as we do each year. Hope you enjoy this little clip from the movie... and Happy New Year, may God richly bless you in 2009!

1 comment:

Rebecca Jo said...

Now I'm all confused.... I'm getting that mixed up with White Christmas.... I need to watch this one now too!