Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Awesome opportunity

If you have seen Rebecca's blog you have already read about Stephanie's Hope. The establishment of this fund is so exciting on so many different levels. I can't wait to see the impact that it will have on the kingdom. If you aren't familiar with the fund, or missed its introduction video, please visit the fund's blog to learn more.

Isn't it amazing... not only did Stephanie Frazier have an impact on the kingdom while alive, but is still having an impact after going to be with her Savior. So I have to wonder... have I lived my life so as to have that same impact? I would have to say no... and that means that I am going to need to make a few changes! How do people see me? How do I present myself... not just to those around me, but to my heavenly Father?! I can honestly say that I have a great deal of improvement to make... and isn't admitting you have a problem half the battle?!

I think that upon self-examination most of us would "fall short"... and I think that one of the differences between most of us and Stephanie is that WE are still living for the world. Stephanie knew that the world wasn't important.... she knew that she was going to be in heaven sooner than expected... she LIVED for the Lord. Many of us still feel that we have "time". But the older I get the more I realize that time is running short, and it is time to make some changes.

"Signs of the times" lead me to believe that Christ will be returning soon... okay... it could be tomorrow, it could be next year, or 1000's of years... I don't know... but I do know that there is a sense of urgency... one that tells me that living a life centered on Christ is of the utmost importance.... I have to believe that is something close to what Stephanie felt... what all of those who have a relationship with Christ feel when they are told that time is short... the desire to let Jesus shine through their actions.

So... that is something that has been missing from my walk... that sense of urgency that tells me "time is short". I don't have much time to make a difference for the kingdom. So, that is how I want to begin to view things... with an urgency that says I must do all that I can to further God's kingdom in the time that I am allowed. Will it be hard to change... yes... because I still live IN this world... but I don't have to live FOR this world... and that realization will make all the difference in how I go about making this change!

I just hope that all who have a relationship with Jesus Christ will begin to feel this urgency... it is time to "step up to the plate"... time is running short! Let your light shine before men and make a difference for the kingdom!

1 comment:

Rebecca Jo said...

Can you imagine what the world would look like if all Chrisitians lived Boldy & Urgently? Makes me think of Chad's messages on getting that "FIRE" within us!

Very thought-provoking blog!