Saturday, March 1, 2008

The Weather....

The weather has just been absolutely crazy or the past several weeks. Today I was watching The Weather Channel and they started to talk about the storms that will roll across the US this week... and referred to Tuesday as "Terrible Tuesday". Wow... just think about it... most of the storms that have been bad or caused us problems have actually occurred on Tuesday... so I guess they have been kind of terrible...

So that got me thinking... if all the storms and the bad stuff made Tuesday terrible, how come we refer to the day of Christ's crucifixion as "Good Friday"? In light of the situation, many would think that it was a really terrible Friday... nothing good at all about the day.... or the days that followed for that matter. Christ's death... carried out in brutality... followed by three days of mourning the loss of a friend... nothing "good" about any of that is there????

But, I guess we have to dig deeper.... like the "terrible Tuesdays" we've been having... while they haven't been great... tornadoes, etc... the rain has made a huge difference to the earth... even going as far as getting some places nearly out of the severe drought situations they have been in...

"Good Friday"... only good in the sense that Christ's death on the cross is the only way we are able to have eternal life with the Father.... if not for his willingness to accept our sins as his own, we would be doomed... and talk about a severe drought... I think an eternity apart from God would qualify!!!!

I am looking forward to spring... and I am looking forward to celebrating Easter... I am always uplifted by the sense of renewal that comes with the season.... and I can't wait for the sun to shine!!!

No comments: