Wednesday, September 19, 2007

One of those days

Have you have had one of those days where the bomb shells of life just seem to keep coming at you? My Wednesday was one such day, and I am glad that it is coming to a close. Of course, even that isn't running smoothly. I am on the second or third try to get a part of the paper to email to the printer and it is 10:30 PM and I AM TIRED!!

I was dragging by the time I got to church tonight and I wasn't really sure if I could manage teaching the kids, but you know...they just seem to bring the energy level up when you are around them. It is just so cool to have all those little faces looking up at you. They have some of the neatest smiles I've seen and they are just so ready to soak up all you have to offer.

I am an "old school' teacher, and I love doing the older songs with the kids, and they seem to really enjoy it. Of course, they are 4, 5 and Kindergarten age, so what do they know??!!! We have been singing "Deep and Wide", "This Little Light of Mine" and "If Your Happy and You Know It" this month. We have even been learning the names of the disciples to the tune of "Jesus Love Me". Several of them are actually picking up on the names.

I hadn't taught a group of kids for a long time. While I have worked at VBS I haven't had a weekly one on one with a class in ages. I had forgotten how much I enjoy working with little ones and my class at GCC is great. Not to mention that Michelle Newton and Carly are two awesome co-workers. I realized tonight what I think that I have missed the most since not teaching... the hugs. There is nothing better than a child hugging you when they enter the room and hugging you again when they leave.

So to those of you who are allowing me the opportunity to teach your kids, thanks. They are awesome, and I am honored to be teaching them about our Savior. Thanks for sharing them with me.

4 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

I always say - I just hope I bless these kids as much as they bless me! - Even though the kids in the Jr. High are older - their love & hugs always lifts me up!

(We both survived our "Nightmare Wednesday! Here's to a Bright Thursday!)

Anonymous said...

i am a great helper arent i!!! even though i do make the kids trip on chairs sometimes!!! Thanks!!

Amy said...

The high schoolers are my blessing! I absolutely love being with them. I was away from working with teenagers for a few years when my life was going through a huge transition, but I am so thankful now that I have found a new home church and have gotten back involved with them.

Courtney said...

From working with them (2nd-5th grade)each and every week I have to agree, the hugs and toothless grins are the best. I can totally relate. They are like little extensions of my family. I'd be lost if I couldn't teach them!